Sunday, September 19, 2010

September Guest Designer Spotlight

This month's Guest Designer is Alex Lundgren.
Alex has been coming to the PMS Release Parties for as long as I can remember and she absolutely cracks me up!  Not only does she add to the atmosphere of the party but she's just chatty with everyone!


1.  When did you get started in stamping?
I first started when friend invited me to a D.O.T.S. home party.  Yes, I am THAT old, LOL.  I got away from it for a bit while I was very focused on scrapbooking, then realized they could work together!  What a thought!


2.  All Stylists have a go to accessory or tool... what's yours?
My mini cutter.  I know that doesn't sound very exciting or inspiring, but I find it impossible to cut smaller pieces or trim close to images with my regular 12 in. trimmer.  I use my mini cutter on EVERYTHING I make.


3.  Where do you find inspiration?
I love to look at people's blogs and just see what everyone is making.  I have a card gallery as my home page so every time I get on the computer I see something amazing and inspiring.


4.  What drew you to PMS?
THE FAIRIES!  I fell in love with the fairies when PMS first opened their doors.  Now I am hooked, completely and just adore the Moodies too.


5.  What is your favorite color palette?
I am not sure I have a favorite color to work with, but my favorite color is purple.  It doesn't often work for decorating my home or scrapbook pages since I am the mom of two boys.  However, I can work it into a lot of cards.  My second favorite would be BLING!


6.  When you aren't stamping, what do you like to do?
Not stamping?  When am I not stamping?  I enjoy watching TV and movies.  I grew up with my parents owning a video rental store and went on to work in a couple of others.  I am a movie buff.  I don't have much time to watch them anymore, but still love a good one.


7.  Tell us something, not stamping related, about you... 
I have a box a friend made for me that can't be gotten into without totally destroying it.  I drop money in it whenever I can, even a quarter at a time, to save for a trip to the Greek Isles.  That is my dream trip and one day I WILL be there! 


Alex has such a clean style about her cards that it really puts the focus on the image (which she styles beautifully everytime!).  I hope you've enjoyed Alex's creations this month as much as we have.  Make sure you head over to her blog Paper and String to see more of Alex's creations and leave her some love while you are there.  Before you go, we'd like to share a few of Alex's PMS cards with you...





2 comments:

2amscrapper said...

Congrats on being the guest artist, Alex! Your work in stunning, as always!

Alexandra Lundgren said...

Thanks for having me this month. It was a BLAST!!!!!